Bid Group Training Materials are facilitated by Pris Rogers at VisionAware.
Diabetes care is almost entirely managed by the person who has it. If you’ve lived with diabetes for any length of time, then you know there’s no negotiating its demands. Day after day, you alone determine when and what to eat and how much to exercise. It’s up to you to remember when to take your medication, how often to check your blood glucose level, and what to do if your blood sugar levels are too high or too low.
Below, you will find links to helpful audio files that cover managing your diabetes with blindness.
- Diabetes: The Basics (Listen Now) (1:49)
- Diabetes and Vision Loss (Listen Now) (13:40)
- Prodigy Voice® Meter Instructions (Listen Now) (7:34 minutes)
- Healthy Eating (Listen Now) (19:12)
- Being Active (Listen Now) (9:27)
- Monitoring (Listen Now) (27:33)
- Taking Medications (Listen Now) (15:47)
- Problem Solving (Listen Now) (13:59)
- Healthy Coping (Listen Now) (11:41)
- Reducing Risks (Listen Now) (8:52)
- Prodigy Count-a-Dose™ (Listen Now) (14:31 minutes)